Awesome Facts About Eminem
Eminem is a true G.O.A.T., the greatest white rapper alive and the best-selling hip-hop artist of the 21st century. Marshall Mathers is a frequent guest in all kinds of "Most Influential Artists of the Decade" lists and he's got a HUGE fan-base all around the globe. However, today we won't talk about his musical legacy (well, maybe just a little bit) and will focus on interesting facts about his life that you might not even know about. People love him, people hate him, but one thing is clear - he had quite a rich life growing up and had to break down a lot of walls to get to where he is now - on top of his game. Alright, here goes - awesome facts about Eminem, the man who sold 80 million records and is still one of the most relevant figures in show-business today. You consider yourself a fan of Slim Shady? Let's see if you know everything about your favorite rapper!
Fact #1 - He Spent Over A Week In Coma When He Was 9
Yep, that's right! Back in the day the King Of Hip-Hop was just a regular white kid in a Detroit hood that was mainly populated by black folks. So, getting bullied was a big part of his life growing up. One day a bully at school beat him so hard that he went to a coma for a whole week. Dort Elementary School was a pretty tough place for young Em, and he struggled a lot to survive. In 1982 a kid named DeAngelo Bailey beat him so bad the young rapper had temporal loss of vision and a concussion. After that his mother, Debby Mathers, sued the school board and demanded justice for her son. Can you believe that?!
Fact #2 - Eminem Dreamed Of Becoming A Comic Book Artist
Alright, let's continue with the awesome facts about Eminem. Believe it or not, Em wasn't always into hip-hop and he used to really-really love comics in his early days. He actually did some pretty dope sketches, ones that were illustrated in his "The Way I Am" autobiography. That explains why he raps about superheroes and villains in his songs and constantly calls himself the Superman who's fighting Lex Luthor. And he really loved to use the trademark comic styling in some of his videos from the 1998-2005 period. Can you imagine the mighty rapper being one of the authors of, say, the new Batman comic book, or the new Avengers?
Fact #3 - He Used To Work At A Family Restaurant In Michigan
Eminem serving dishes - how about that? Before becoming the greatest white rapper in history he used to be a cook at a restaurant in Michigan. By the way, he left school soon so he could focus on his job. No, scratch that: he actually dropped out after he couldn't pass 9th grade 3 times in a row. Why? Because he was out hustling in the streets and battling kids in Detroit corners, not because he couldn't handle the books. Fun fact: Eminem used to stay up late at night, studying the dictionary so that he could work on his rhyming skills and knock the competition out the next day.
Fact #4 - Eminem Is Left-Handed
They say it's actually a pretty common thing among truly gifted folks, rap artists included. Watch the 8 Mile movie again and pay extra attention to him in the bus at the beginning of the movie - he's jotting down his punch-lines with his left arm. You can also see that in various music videos. This is probably the least known of the awesome facts about Eminem. Well, now you know! And hey, don't tell anybody - it's a secret! :)
Fact #5 - Eminem Could Star In Elysium
That's true, he was offered the leading role in the 2013 block-buster, however, he respectfully declined the offer, as he had one condition: the movie had to be shot in Detroit, the rapper's hometown. So, yeah, Em could be running around saving the world instead of Matt Damon! It would be really great to watch him performing a lead role after his 2002 debut, "8 Mile".
Fact #6 - He Truly Is A Rap God
Hey, what you say we talk about the most recent crazy and awesome fact about Eminem? Well, here we go: The "Rap God" anthem from his latest LP is included in the Guinness Book. How did that happen? Well, Em set a new record with this one and the song is registered as the one with the most words in it. Here are the official stats: 1.560 words in 6 minutes and 4 seconds. That's 4.3 words a second!
Quick Awesome Facts About Eminem
Alright, finally, let's have a quick "run up the ladder" and talk about even more dope facts from Slim Shady's life:
- On March 30th, 2010, the world learned that Mr. Mathers is not only a hugely talented rapper, but also quite the gamer as well. He managed to get a total score of 465,800, which is pretty close to the top 30 of all times.
- When he decided to start a hip-hop super-group, D12, he was hoping to find 12 most talented MCs from the D. However, he found only 6. So, the fellas had to come up with alter egos, and that's when Eminem invented his Slim Shady character.
- Back in 1996 Em made an LP, called "Infinite" and managed to sell 1K copies. Three years later he released the Slim Shady LP that landed at the #2 spot on the Billboard 200 list.
- In 2007 the rapper collapsed from an overdose of meth and the doctors told him that he had taken the equivalent of 4 (!) bags of heroin. How did he survive? It was a miracle, really.
- Top 10 Rarest Cat Breeds
- What's So Great About Planks? 7 Facts
- Unknown facts about Putin
- Superb 5 countries for budget holidays
- Guinness Book of Records: Owners of The Largest Feet Size
- The Most Expensive Vacuum Cleaner In The World
- World's Most Expensive Nail Polish
- Top 5 the world's cheapest places to have a great holiday
- Top 11 The Most Expensive Fur In The World
- 15 Extraordinary Photos Without Photoshop