The Most Amazing Facts About Strawberries
We all love strawberries and they go great with pretty much anything, including chocolate (delicious!), cream, pies and muffins. They taste amazing on their own too. There's nothing like a plate of fresh, ripe, "meaty" strawberries early in the morning, am I right? Oh, and by the way, did you know that strawberries have their own celebration day? Yep, that's right - May 20 is the Pick Strawberries Day. Now you know! So, unless you hate the smell or the taste of these amazing fruit (which I highly doubt), let's check out the most amazing facts about strawberries. You better bring your notebook and start taking notes!
- Ok, so, we know that kids love strawberries. But how much do they love them, exactly? Well, here are the official stats: Most children between the ages of 7 and 9 pick strawberries when asked about their most favorite fruit in the world. Furthermore, about 52-55 percent of kids would choose strawberries over all the other fruits. Can you believe that?
- This is one of the most amazing facts about strawberries, no doubt about that: there's a real-world museum dedicated to this fruit! If you live in Belgium or are just visiting/taking a trip, make sure to go and see the strawberry museum. I kid you not, there really IS a museum dedicated to a...fruit! Oh, and it sounds hilarious, too - it's called the "Museum of the Strawberry and the Land of the Wepion" :).
- A fascinating fact about strawberries: their seeds appear on the outside, which makes them the one and only fruit to do that. All other fruits on planet Earth have their seeds/pips inside, protected and preserved. So, in a way, strawberries are unique.
The Most Amazing Facts About Strawberries - Super Healthy, Even When Over-Ripe
- Wanna learn one of the most amazing facts about strawberries? They're super healthy! I mean, on top of being tasty, juicy and red-on-red, they are also good for your health. If you want to drop some weight, this fruit is your best friend, as strawberries are super-low in calories. Looking for a nice "pack" of vitamins? The strawberries got you covered on vitamin C, K and B6. They are even capable of fighting cancer!
- Crazy fact about strawberries: even if you find out that your strawberries are a bit too ripe for you to enjoy them, don't ever throw them away! Over-ripe strawberries are like the perfect ingredient for a delicious home-made jam. Trust me, it will be so much better than what they're selling in your local store.
- Tennis players have a special "bond" with strawberries. Did you know that during the annual Wimbledon Championships the tennis players eat around 27-28K strawberries? Aha, that's true! Now you know where they get their energy from.
- Ok, we've been talking about the most amazing facts about strawberries, and now let's talk about the least known fact: strawberries don't necessarily have to be red - they can also be green, white or yellow. They taste differently and some of them taste like pineapples. So, don't get freaked out next time you see a pack of yellow strawberries at the mall, alright?
- The Most Amazing Facts About Hamsters
- Awesome Facts About The Planet Earth
- Playful Shark "Fell in love" With Scuba Diver
- Video Of The Puppy Which Takes Bath Alone
- Awesome Facts About The Great Wall Of China
- British Horror Story: 7 Frightening Clinics Of The United Kingdom
- The New Star Of Instagram: Dog Which Looks Like a Blue-Eyed Fox
- 13-year-old Opera Singer On The Show America's Got Talent - Video
- End Of The World: 7 Places In The World Where The Adrenaline Rolls Over
- The Teacher, 52-kilogram Lost, A Role Model For Her Students