Amazing Facts About The Goliath Frogs
So, we all heard about frogs, some of us even had the privilege of seeing them in person. But, only a few "lucky ones" know about the Goliath frog. I have to warn you - it's a pretty scary monster. I mean, if the princess who likes to kiss frogs gave this one a... mouth-to-mouth, I bet it would turn into someone like The Rock, Lebron James or Michael Jordan. Or how about a wild mix of all three? Bottom line is, these frogs, also known as Conraua Goliath, ARE really that big - the biggest ones on our planet: they can be as long as 32cm (12.5 inches) and weigh as much as 3.3kg (7.2 pounds). Can you believe that? Well, regardless, you should check out the following amazing facts about the Goliath frogs. Ready? Let's roll!
- These creatures are primarily nocturnal and "live" near waterfalls and rivers (because all frogs love water and moist) in most regions of Guinea and Cameroon. How do they hunt? They don't, really: the Goliath frog is a lazy one and just sits on a rock/log and waits for the prey to come "knocking on his door". What, you thought they go out in the night, all scary and stuff, and attack villages or something? :)
- Definitely one of the most amazing facts about the Goliath frogs: they love to feast on bugs, crustaceans and fish. They really love bats! But, truth be told, these frogs will eat whatever is smaller and easy to catch. Desperate times call for desperate measures, you know?
- By the way, the males are bigger than the females. You might think that's normal, but it's really not when it comes to frogs. Alright, a crazy fact about the Goliath frogs: when it's time to breed, the "fellas" make a nest of rocks and only then go head-to-head with each other to impress the ladies. Once the battle is over and the male does his thing with the female, he immediately leaves without even saying goodbye, leaving the "lady" to take care of the eggs and the babies.
Amazing Facts About The Goliath Frogs - No Vocal Chords, Great Jumpers And Camoufleurs
- I have to say, though, that the tadpoles can take care of themselves and eat the plants that grow near the rivers and waterfalls. It takes them about three months to turn into Goliath frogs and 10-12 months to reach maturity.
- Amazing facts about the Goliath frogs: they have excellent hearing; their backs are green, while their undersides are yellow/orange; they can swim pretty fast and use their creepy long tongues to catch the prey. Speaking of their color, the Goliath frogs can blend with the environment, which allows them to escape the predators and survive. Or, mask and wait for the perfect time to attack the prey.
- They are endangered, all thanks to deforestation. They don't croak. In fact, they don't make any sounds, simply because they don't have vocal chords.
- Ok, you ready for yet another "Wow" fact? Now, despite their impressive weight, these creatures can leap a distance of up to ten feet! Definitely one of the most amazing facts about the Goliath frogs. Oh, and they live up to 15 years!
- These creatures are being constantly hunted by snakes, crocodiles and large lizards.
- 8 Young Puppies Decided To Squeeze Into One Bed
- Cheeky Сrime - Monkey Stole Food From Sloth
- The Craziest Facts About Buddha
- The Most Amazing Facts About Strawberries
- The Most Amazing Facts About Hamsters
- Awesome Facts About The Planet Earth
- Playful Shark "Fell in love" With Scuba Diver
- Video Of The Puppy Which Takes Bath Alone
- Awesome Facts About The Great Wall Of China
- British Horror Story: 7 Frightening Clinics Of The United Kingdom