Interesting Facts About Anna Paquin
Anna Paquin became a world-famous star after her role in True Blood, one of HBO's biggest hits on television. You remember that cute girl, Sookie Stackhouse, who turned into a badass in a couple of seasons? Well, Anna's the one who has been portraying her for all those years! True, she was doing pretty great after the role of Rogue in The X-Men, but True Blood was her true success. HBO is known for "manufacturing" global celebrities after they play in one of their shows. Take the cast of Game Of Thrones, for example, or the actors and actresses from The Wire. Alright, let's check out some interesting facts about Anna Paquin, a beautiful, charming, modest and talented girl who knows a thing or two about how to kill (or seduce) an ugly, scary vampire :).
- So, the future vampire slayer was born on July 24, 1982, which makes her 33 years old. Her hometown is Winnipeg, Canada. However, Anna moved to NZ (New Zealand) when she was just a kid - 4 years old. She has a brother - Andrew - and a sister - Katya. Both her parents are teachers and they've been divorced for a while now.
- Interesting fact about Anna Paquin: when she was just a kid, Anna used to claim that she'll become either the leader of New Zealand (that's the Prime Minister ) or just a regular lawyer. She loved gymnastics, playing the piano, the cello, the viola, ballet and swimming, among other things.
- Awesome fact about Anna Paquin: her very first role was in The Piano and she won an Academy Award for "Best Supporting Actress" for that role! Not bad for the first try, right?
Interesting Facts About Anna Paquin - She Married Her Colleague And She's Bisexual
- As for Anna's big breakthrough, it happened when she played Rogue in X-Men, X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand. In 2010 she played in the The Romantics alongside amazing Josh Duhamel and charming Katie Holmes. In 2011 Anna had a cameo role in Scream 4.
- Interesting fact about Anna Paquin: The role of Sookie in True Blood was her first role on TV. She did an amazing job, and that got her a Golden Globe for "Best Actress".
- By the way, Anna is a natural brunette. However, she had to "transform" into a blonde for Sookie. She says she really likes her new hair color and enjoys it in real life (that means when she's not portraying her famous character on the screen).
- Interesting fact about Anna Paquin: She met Stephen Moyer on the set of True Blood (he portrayed Bill Compton). So, at first, he was just a "colleague", but they ended up getting married back in 2010 (on August 21, to be exact). Together they have 2 beautiful children (twins); furthermore, she's the step-mother to Stephen's kids from a previous relationship. That's pretty great, huh?
- Anna is bisexual! And, she's involved in a lot of charity work all around the globe. By the way, she donated 10K (that's 10 thousand US dollars) to a charity after shooting a ball through the hoop. It was a bet, but it still counts!
Did you like our collection of amazing facts about Anna Paquin? Well, if you did, make sure to check out our posts on the other members of the True Blood cast, including her husband, Stephen Moyer, mysterious Alexander Skarsgård and Ryan Kwanten - the ladiesman!
- The Guide For Film Fans: 5 cafes of Paris, where the cult movies were filmed
- Interesting Facts About Tom Parker (The Wanted)
- Bored Husky has Learned to Blow Bubbles in Water (VIDEO)
- Not only the fish & chips: Dishes that You Have Try in London
- 20 Things You Can Buy For $ 1 in the USA
- Interesting Facts About Little Mix, Part II
- Interesting Facts About Little Mix, Part I
- Interesting Facts About Years & Years, Part II
- Interesting Facts About Years & Years, Part I
- Beware Of Deception: 7 False Sights of the World