Flowers and Ice: Original Ice Bouquets
People have long thought about how to preserve the beauty of the flowers for a long time. And they came to the conclusion that there are only two ways: to freeze or take pictures. But it is possible to do it simultaneously.
That is what doing a florist and photographer from South Africa, Terien Smith and Bruce Boyd. The couple is making amazing "ice" bouquets from fresh flowers. Terien makes composition and freezes them, and Bruce photographs them. Each of this works named after some famous songs. Judging by the names, the couple likes the creativity of Sting ( «Fields Of Gold»), Bjork ( «Dancing In The Dark»), Rolling Stones ( «Satisfaction»), Blur ( «Parklife»), Eurythmics ( «Sweet Dreams»), etc.
The ice bouquets are immersed in water to heighten the effect and get stylish divorces. Exactly that gives the compositions a "flavor."
Of course, the bouquets themselves are short-lived only a few hours. But the pictures permanently settle in the home interiors of collectors.
"I've always loved how ice deforms and distorts objects - says Bruce Boyd. - It gave me the idea to take photos of objects, which are encapsulated in ice. In one experiment, I threw a briquette in the pool. It went cracks, and I realized that this could be the object of art. "
"For six months, my girlfriend and I were doing the unusual ice ikebana. We've got about a hundred bouquets "- continues the photographer. I shared some of them with the world. Now we can admire it.
- Beautiful and Luxurious: How Looks Like 7-Star Hotel Inside And Out
- 10 Animals of Instagram Which are More Popular Than You Part I
- A 31-Year-Old Who's Been Traveling the World for 5 Years Tells How She Affords It
- 10-Year-Old Bichon Toby - The First Dog-Hipster
- Australian Photographer Makes Amazing Photo Of Waves
- Dog, Nicknamed Popeye Goes To Restaurants More Often Than Many People
- Artist Makes Miniature Realistic Cookies
- 10 Giant Sculptures of Flowers Amazed Everyone on Flower Parade in Netherlands
- Mother Cooks Fabulous Dishes to Surprise Her Kids
- Closer to the Body: 7 Cities in the World with the Most Handsome Men