Visiting the Snow Queen: How Looks Like the First 5-Star Hotel in Antarctica
We used to think that Antarctica is a cold deserted land where some penguins and polar scientists live. In fact, Antarctica is becoming more attractive to tourists. And therefore conditions are created for them.
A few years ago in Antarctica, the world's first luxury hotel called the White Desert was opened. It is the place, for those who crave the thrill and do not afraid of the cold.
Complex White Desert is located not too far from the South Pole. It is somewhere where you can find the ownership of the Snow Queen in the fairytales of Hans-Christian Anderson.
It is ten hemispherical structures - such currently double rooms.
They are insulated; they have a stove and all the conditions for living.
Some facilities perform specific functions: one is the dining room, the other - a lounge area, and so on.
The hotel guests can choose from a number of entertainments: ski trips through the endless snowy landscapes, inspection of the surrounding ice cliffs (in stock), a photo shoot with the penguins, etc.
Only very wealthy people can afford such extreme rest on the edge of the earth. Check for 8 days will cost about 72 thousand dollars.
Departures are carried out of the Cape Town; there is even a red carpet for travelers.
Interestingly, the White Desert runs entirely on natural solar and wind energy, in order not to harm the pristine nature of the continent.
You have to book places at the hotel in advance because it functions only two months a year from November to December when the Antarctic summer and the temperature rise to minus 10 degrees.
But can it be an obstacle for those who want to get acquainted with the living penguins?
- Special Features of National Surgery: Unusual Plastic in Different Countries
- Unusual Photo Project: How Would Look Like Animals If They Wear Clothes And Go To Work
- Biggest Dog of Australia Thinks That He Is a Little Puppy
- Touching Friendship of Puppy and Cheetah: How Dog Helped Predator to Recover
- The Most Famous Dog of Instagram Earns $ 15,000 per Month
- Light Show in the Forest: Fabulous Photos of Fireflies in Japan Hit the Internet
- Train Driver Risks of His Life to Do Incredible Photos from Height Flight
- The Smartest Cat In The World: Cat From Australia Made A New World Record
- 10 Incredibly Hairstyles for Beard and Mustache on a Man's Beauty Contest
- Ukrainian Stunned the World with the Dessert, Similar To the Masterpieces of Architecture