Robyn Rihanna is a Barbadian artist, songwriter, fashion designer, model and on-screen character, conceived February 20, 1988, in Saint Michael and brought up in Bridgetown. She is certainly among the most influential artists today. Here are a few facts about her that will blow your mind.
1. Her full mane is Robyn Rihanna Fenty.
2. Rihanna’s youth was profoundly influenced by her dad’s dependence on liquor which added to her parent’s strained marriage.
3. Rihanna has two siblings, Rajad and Rorrey Fenty, and two relatives and a stepbrother from her dad’s side, each conceived by various moms from his past connections.
4. She experienced childhood in a three-room home in Bridgetown and sold garments with her dad in a store down in the city
5. Rihanna was an armed force cadet in a sub-military program; the artist lyricist Shontelle was her recruit instructor.
6. Rihanna grew up listening to reggae music and started singing at around the age of seven.
7. She initially entered the music business by recording demo tapes under the heading of record maker Evan Rogers in 2003.
8. She marked a recording contract with Def Jam Recordings in the wake of trying out for its then-president, hip bounce maker, and rapper Jay-Z.
9. In 2005, Rihanna rose to stardom with the arrival of her presentation studio collection Music of the Sun and its subsequent A Girl like Me (2006), which graphed on the main 10 of the U.S. Bulletin 200 and separately delivered the hit singles “Pon de Replay” and “SOS”.
10. Forbes positioned Rihanna the fourth most powerful celebrity of 2012 and was named one of Time’s “100 Most Influential People in the World” later that year.
11. Widely perceived for every now and again reevaluating her style and picture, she got the Fashion Icon lifetime accomplishment grant from the Council of Fashion Designers of America in 2014.
12. In December 2012, Rihanna became the first female to be included on the front of GQ magazine’s “Men of the Year” issue and was positioned fifth on Complex rundown of “100 Hottest Female Singers of All Time.
13. In 2009, Glamor positioned her at number 17 on the 50 Most Glamorous Women and Esquire named her the Sexiest Woman Alive of 2011.
14. Her 2011 single “We Found Love” was positioned by Billboard as the 24th greatest US Billboard Hot 100 hit ever.
15. The next year, VH1 put Rihanna second on their rundown of “100 Sexiest Artists” Rihanna is outstanding for having a wide gathering of little tattoos all over her body.
The music video on a Grammy as Best Short Form Music Video and MTV’s Video of the Year On June 2, 2014, Rihanna was given Fashion Icon lifetime accomplishment grant from Council of Fashion Designers of America(CFDA), an exceptional prize held for “a person whose style has had a noteworthy effect on mainstream culture on a universal stage. Rihanna got the “Symbol Award” at the 2013 American Music Awards and the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards.
16. Nielsen SoundScan named her as the top-selling digital artist in the country, breaking a Guinness World Record for digitalized single sales of more than 58 million as at 2012.
17. In the United Kingdom, she has sold more than seven million collections, making her the third smash hit female artist this century.
18. Rihanna has ventured into different organizations and businesses. In October 2005, Rihanna struck an endorsement deal (her first of numerous) with Secret Body Spray.
19. In 2010, Rihanna took part in the Optus business, in conjunction with Optus supporting Rihanna’s Last Girl on Earth tour.
20. On March 30, 2015, it was declared that Rihanna is a co-proprietor, with different other music specialists, in the music spilling administration Tidal. The vocalist’s first form run, for Armani, got to be distinctly accessible in November 2011.
21. In March 2015, it was declared that Rihanna was picked as the new face of Dior; which made her the first black female to be the face of Dior. She has worked together with extravagance Label Dior to make a line of modern shades she appeared on Instagram. It is just called “Rihanna”.
22. Mexican artist Becky G stated that Rihanna is one of style symbols to Latina magazine.
23. She is a great fan of Protestant charming pastor Joyce Meyer.
24. In 2015 Rihanna earned $26 million, which brought about her total assets ascending to $160 million by 2016. In July 2016, Forbes magazine put Rihanna at number 13 on their rundown of most generously compensated celebrities, acquiring $75 million in of 2015 and 2016.
25. Rihanna at present lives in Manhattan, New York City and claims a penthouse there that is worth $14 million.