Lee Minho is a South Korean performing artist and artist. He initially increased across the board notoriety in Korea and parts of Asia with his part as Gu Jun-Pyo in Boys Over Flowers in 2009. The part won him a Best New Actor award at the 45th Baeksang Arts Awards. He is noted for his leading role in City Hunter (2011), The Heirs (2013) and The Legend of the Blue Sea (2016). The accomplishment of Lee’s TV dramas all through Asia built him up as a top Hallyu star. Lee featured in his first leading role in the film with Gangnam Blues (2015) trailed by his first China-delivered film Bounty Hunters (2016). Here are some fascinating actualities about him.
1. His full name is Lee Minho.
2. He was born on June 22, 1987.
3. He grew up in Heukseok-dong, Dongjak-gu in Seoul.
4. As a teenager, Lee had planned to become an expert football player.
5. He was chosen for the adolescent football class of South Korean director and former expert player Cha Bum-Kun, however, he suffered an injury in the fifth grade of elementary school which put a conclusion to this desire.
6. In his second year of secondary school, Lee swung to acting.
7. He majors in Film and Art at Konkuk University.
8. Lee Minho has an older sister, Lee Yong-Jung, who is likewise the CEO of MYM Entertainment, his present organization.
9. Lee began auditioning and landed minor parts in a few TV shows, for example, Recipe of Love and Nonstop 5.
10. His official debut was in an EBS series, Secret Campus (2003).
11. Early in his profession Lee was known by the stage name Lee Min since his agency thought his original name was too ordinary.
12. However, as his stage name was articulated and composed (Hangul) indistinguishable from the Korean word imin, which signifies “migration”, it made it hard for him to appear in internet search results. He inevitably returned to utilizing his unique name (Lee Minho).
13. In 2006, his acting career was put on hold for a year taking after a genuine auto crash, while riding with co-performing artist Jung Il-woo. Lee was seriously injured and spent a while confined to bed.
14. Upon recuperation, Lee got his first major part in the high school drama “Mackerel Run” in 2007. However, the arrangement was decreased to just eight scenes because of low viewership evaluations.
15. In 2008 he showed up in different parts on TV drama “Get Up” and “I Am Sam” and two movies, “Public Enemy Return” and “Our School’s E.T.”
16. Lee came top limelight in 2009 with the lead part of Gu Jun-Pyo in KBS’s Boys Over Flowers, the Korean adjustment of the famous Shōjo manga of a similar name. Rivalry for the main part was extremely high and Lee just got informed that he was picked from the daily papers. The series pulled in high viewership appraisals and buzz all through South Korea amid its broadcast.
17. Lee’s recently discovered prominence picked up him numerous endorsement deals and made another Korean Wave all through Asia which made Lee a Hallyn starn April 2013, Lee’s wax figure was revealed at the Madame Tussauds in Shanghai.
18. He dropped his first album “My Everything” in May 2013 and went on a fan meeting visit in Asia.
19. On Jan 30, 2014, Lee turned into the first Korean celebrity to perform on China’s CCTV Lunar New Year gala. He sang a melody with Harlem Yu, the first vocalist of the theme song of Meteor Garden, the Taiwanese variant of Boys over Flowers.
20. He was additionally invited to the third meeting of the South Korean Presidential Committee for Cultural Enrichment as the representative of the entertainment, to share and contribute to the examination of issues identified with building up Korea’s social substance.
21. Lee additionally got the “Executive Award” at the fifth Korean Popular Culture and Arts Award for his commitment to Hallyu.
22. In 2014, Lee set up the PROMIZ site, a fund-raising platform to bring issues to light and empower donation for social and humanitarian causes. Funds discovered from the offer of PROMIZ stock are given to the chose accomplices to execute the philanthropy ventures. The site has since raised US$50,000 from him and his fans to help make wells in Malawi through non-benefit association Charity: Water. It has additionally raised supports and contributed gifts to a few causes, for example, World Water Day, the “Transparent Umbrella Project” and the “Making Warm Winter for Both Bodies and Hearts” crusade.
23. In 2015, Lee gave W100 million to UNICEF to help casualties of a staggering earthquake in Nepal.
24. In 2016, PROMIZ won the Korea Good Brand Awards.
25. During November 2016, Lee has 2.95 million followers on Twitter, 22.5 million and 17 million fans on Weibo and Facebook individually. In 2014 and 2015 Lee won an online survey sorted out by a Chinese entertainment magazine to be delegated as the “Asian Male God”.