Demi Lovato is, and always will be one of the brightest members of the new “breed” of American superstars. Along with Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande and Lady Gaga, she’s the voice of the new generation – a pretty great one, I might add. Demi is a singer, a songwriter and a model, and, she went through some difficult experiences in her life, but that only made her stronger, happier and more confident. Do you remember that shocking photo shoot for “Vanity Fair”? Well, that’s a perfect example of how she managed to overcome her deepest fears and stand completely naked (body and soul) in front of the camera. She used to suffer from eating disorder and that made her hate every inch of her own body. And now look at her – she’s a beauty! So, if you wanna learn more awesome facts about Demi Lovato, just go ahead and check out my list!
– Demi was born on August 20, 1992 – she’s 24 years old. Her hometown is Albuquerque, New Mexico, the United States. Her full name is Demetria Lovato. She’s got Irish, Italian and Hispanic blood running through her veins. She has an older sister and a younger step-sister. And, she also owns a puppy – her name is Bella.
– Awesome facts about Demi Lovato: She’s quite a hard worker and has written more than 100 songs. Plus, she’s not only an amazing vocalist and a talented songwriter, but she can also play the piano, guitar and even drums! Yes, you could call her a “versatile musician”.
Awesome Facts About Demi Lovato – Best Friends With Selena Gomez, Home-Schooled
– Demi first performed on stage when she was just 5 years old. Back in the day, she used to run a show on YouTube with Selena Gomez – one of her best friends. By the way, these two beautiful ladies met on the set of Barney and Friends and have been “besties” ever since! Do you know what Demi’s favorite song is? “Tell me something I don’t know” by…Selena!
– More awesome facts about Demi Lovato: The singer-songwriter enjoys surfing and playing volleyball, her favorite pop-rock band is Paramore and her role model is none other than Kelly Clarkson. Demi wears a purity ring like her friend Selena.
– Did you know that she was home-schooled? That’s right, and she made that decision by herself. She used to be bullied a lot in school and she even said that a bunch of horrible kids signed a petition together that said they all hated her. Can you imagine what that can do to a young, fragile girl? Demi graduated from school earlier than expected, though.
– Interesting fact about Demi Lovato: Back in 2010 she checked herself into a medical clinic – she was suffering from anorexia and bulimia. A year later Demi officially announced that she had Bipolar disorder.
– Awesome fact about Demi Lovato: The singer-songwriter has a tattoo saying “Stay” on her left wrist and another one on her right wrist saying “strong”.
– Demi is known for fun, uplifting, up-tempo pop, pop-rock and dance bangers. But, she’s also great at telling deep, personal stories. Her debut album peaked at #2 on the Billboard 200 chart, while her second LP debuted at #1. She was a judge-mentor on the American X Factor in 2012-2013.
– She’s a strong supporter of the LGBT community and also dedicated herself to being a mentor for young kids who suffer from mental illness.