Little Mix rushed into the musical industry in 2011 and conquered the world with strong, beautiful voices, catchy lyrics, and, of course, looks that do kill. Jesy, Perrie, Jade and Leigh-Anne are the 4 members of Little Mix. They’re talented, ambitious, attractive and British – what else do you need?! The music world had a lot of girl bands in the beginning of the 21st century; however, after 2010 they all kinda vanished, leaving the true fans of “lady groups” disappointed and confused. Well, thankfully, we’ve got these 4 divas bringing sexy back, and that’s why we’re here today – to check out some interesting facts about Little Mix, a popular and charming “quartet” from the United Kingdom.
– Did you know that the band was put together for the 8th season of UK’s The X Factor back in 2011? That’s right, and the girls won! By the way, Little Mix is the first girl band to win the competition. What, you’re thinking about One Direction? Hey, they weren’t a band when they joined the competition. Simon Cowell “teamed them up” after they all lost :).
– Interesting fact about Little Mix: All 4 girls auditioned as solo acts on The X Factor; however later they joined forces as a group…and it worked! Fun fact: At first, the band’s official name was Rhythmix, but they had to change it to Little Mix because there were some legal issues with a children’s music charity. The new name is so much cooler if you ask me.
Interesting Facts About Little Mix – A Mighty First Single And A Successful Debut LP
– Little Mix hit the bull’s eye with the very first single, “Cannonball”, which climbed to the top of the UK Singles Chart back in 2011 (December 18, to be exact). “Wings”, yet another #1 on the UK chart, was also #2 on the Australian iTunes and #3 on the ARIA Charts. Surprisingly enough, the band’s first book (!), Ready To Fly, has a lot of references to the song.
– Interesting fact about Little Mix: the band’s first album, “DNA”, was released in November 2012 and was the 3rd best-selling LP in the UK and Ireland. A year later, October 4, 2013, the girls officially announced the title of their second album – “Salute” – on YouTube.
– Awesome fact about Little Mix: The first single from the new album, “Move”, sold 200K copies in the UK! The 3rd single, “Salute”, hit the 1mil mark on YouTube within a day! Now that’s what I call a popular band! In addition, last year the girls won the VEVO Certified Award with “Wings” – the video reaching 100 million views!
– Back in 2014 the band started working with one of the largest anti-bullying organizations in Europe. Come to think of it, that was a pretty great thing to do.
– The first single from the third album, “Black Magic”, became the biggest pre-order in the UK in 2015. The third album, Get Weird, sold 520K copies, which makes it the band’s best-selling LP to date. As of May 2016, Little Mix has 3 platinum certified albums and 10 certified singles in the United Kingdom.
– Interesting fact about Little Mix: The Get Weird Tour was “launched” on March 13, 2016, with a total of sixty shows in Europe, Asia and Australia. By the way, it’s the most successful UK arena tour of 2016. More than 300K tickets were sold in the United Kingdom alone!